MRI - What to Expect
- Please arrive at the MRI Center one half hour before your scheduled exam time.
- Our friendly medical receptionist will review and assist you in completing the necessary medical history, insurance and consent forms.
- Next you will be escorted to a private dressing room. Here they will explain and discuss your MR scan. They will also confirm you have no medical implants or devices that may interfere with the scan. At that time, any questions you will be answered.
- Once inside the scan room you will lie flat and comfortably on the patient bed, which will slide into the center of the Wide Body MRI TM. You will have the option to listen to music during your scan. Bring your favorite CD or choose one of ours.
- Your technologist will direct the scan from the adjacent room where they will be in constant contact with you. You may also invite a friend or family member to accompany you in the scan room; he or she will have to complete a safety screening form.
- During the scan you will need to lie completely still. You will hear a distinctive knocking noise in a repetitive sequence for each image. Immediately following your scan you may resume normal activities.